- Calling all New England Designers, Members of Interior Design Teams and Students:
You are invited to enter your best design projects to the 2019 IFDA-NE Designer Awards!
IFDA-NE Designer Awards is a regional, juried competition for interior design. Entries from professional and student members are welcome. The entries are judged in a blind review by a panel of leading industry professionals.
Interested in submitting your work but not a member? Consider membership.
IFDA-NE members are eligible to submit projects. We welcome individual designers, members of interior design teams and students. Entries will represent projects completed no earlier than October 2017. Members are encouraged to resubmit eligible projects previously entered but not yet awarded.
RESIDENTIAL (as many as 4 Category Winners)
- Singular space; ex: bedroom, living room, NOT part of a project in another category
- Kitchen NOT part of a project in another category
- Bath NOT part of a project in another category
- Show House/Charity Project
COMMERCIAL (as many as 3 Category Winners)
- Corporate space; ex: office, lobbies
- Health Care; hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, senior living
- Hospitality; hotels/resorts, restaurants, country clubs
STUDENT DESIGN (1 Student Design Project will be awarded)
- Design project completed as coursework
RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL CATEGORIES
- Submit a minimum of two and maximum eight high-resolution JPEG images. Photographs must be free of any identification. Number your photos 1-8.
- Submit a Concept Statement. This will be limited to approximately 200 words discussing design challenges, design solutions and the unique aspects of the job.
- Submit a design project completed as coursework
- Submit a Concept Statement. This will be limited to approximately 200 words discussing design challenges you faced putting your project together, design solutions and unique aspects your design offers.
Judging will be based on the following:
- Color composition
- Creative use of space
- Functional use of space
- Appropriate design solutions
- Attention to details and design elements
- Member entries: $100 each
- Student entries: Free of charge
- Designers, members of interior design teams: November 14, 2019 | Midnight
- Submit Entries Here
AWARD WINNER RECOGNITION
As many as 7 Category Winners and 1 Student Design Project Winner will be selected and announced prior to the IFDA-NE Designer Awards. One “showcase” image from each entry will be on display at the event with promotion of winners on IFDA-NE internal/external promotion vehicles.