DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 10-04-2016
5th Bi-Annual Event | 7 Categories Judged by Industry Peers
Entry Deadline: Tuesday, October 4 | Design Showcase + Awards Dinner: Wednesday, October 26
You are invited to submit your projects to the 5th IFDA New England Design Showcase + Awards event. Everyone has unique and tremendous talents in our industry and this is an opportunity to, either individually or partnering with a team, show New England what you are all about. We encourage all members of our IFDA New England chapter – vendors, designers and students – to participate! This is a blind judging competition.
This year there are seven (7) competition categories open to professional interior designer members. The winner of each category will be determined based on functionality, creativity and overall design. All entries must be the sole work of the enteringIFDA-NE member with the exception of a team submission where only the main entrant has to be an IFDA-NE member.
Project Categories & Entry Forms
- Best Kitchen Design
- Best Bath Design
- Best Living Design
- Best Specialty Space Design: Specialty spaces are defined as areas that are designed for a specific use. Examples include but are not limited to show houses, commercial spaces, outdoor rooms, media rooms, home offices, pool house, spa, etc.
- Best Custom Design (individual or team): The winner of this category will be determined based on craftsmanship, creativity and overall design of a custom designed element in a room that includes but is not limited to either furniture, cabinetry, millwork, flooring, fireplace, stonework, faux finishes, etc.
- Student Design Award (open to all student members): The winner of this category will be determined based on functionality, creativity and overall design on a project that was completed as coursework during a student’s current education program. Students should review the Student Design Award requirements and submission checklist for more information:Student Entry Form
- Community Service Award (open to all members): Judges will select an IFDA member for his or her outstanding contributions to charitable and/or community service endeavors. Self-nominations are allowed. A nomination form is required for this category: Community Service Award Nomination Form
The submission deadline is Tuesday, October 4, 2016. The winners will be announced at our Design Showcase + Awards event on Wednesday, October 26, 2016. All entrants are required to attend the dinner in order to participate in the promotional opportunities.
Each entry must represent completed projects but the completion date can be from any point in the designer’s / vendor’s career. Members may re-submit non-winning designs from previous years.
All applicants must be an IFDA member. Multiple entries will be accepted from the same company. Each entry will need to have digital images of:
- 1-3 before photos in any size
- 2-5 after photos as a high resolution JPG of 300 dpi
- 1 head shot as a high resolution JPG of 300 dpi
All 7 winners will be announced at the Design Showcase + Awards event in October, where one “Showcase” image from each entry will be on display. The VP of Programming will be responsible for selecting and displaying the Designer’s “Showcase” image. Also:
- 1 full page ad in the DNE featuring all winners and their headshots
- Post event party photos on Design New England’s website
- E-mail blast to Design New England’s trade list announcing the winners
- Promotion of winners via IFDA internal/ external promotion vehicles
Mail Submission To:
P.O. Box 270766
South Boston 02127